POSITION SUMMARY: Serves the Voice of Prophecy ministry by performing full administrative
assistant/secretarial duties in a confidential manner for the Evangelism and Associate Evangelism directors. Serves and assists the Evangelism director with the operation of the Evangelism department by assuming responsibilities for key projects and tasks.
AUTHORITY & ACCOUNTABILITY: Duties as delegated by the Evangelism director. Responsible for assisting in the operation of the said department in accordance with Adventist Media Center and Voice of Prophecy policies and objectives.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
• Reports directly to the Evangelism director to support and assist with duties and projects as assigned by the Evangelism department.
• Coordinates daily functions, appointments, and pending tasks for the department.
• Serves as assistant project manager for all evangelism projects. Assists in the scope and development along with the management, and implementation of departmental projects.
• Performs administrative assistant functions in a responsible and confidential manner.
• Works closely with the Bible School Department in areas related to the Evangelism Department.
• Serves the Evangelism director when acting as a liaison with departmental heads and employees.
• Serves as coordinator for Evangelism and Bible school events and special projects as assigned by the Evangelism Director.
• Must be able to perform the specific position functions as listed below.
• Fulfills other responsibilities and duties as assigned by the Evangelism Director.
Administrative Assistant Areas of Responsibility
o Keeps the minutes at all evangelism project meetings
o Administrative and clerical duties for the Evangelism and Associate Evangelism directors along with the Bible School as assigned by the Evangelism Director
Mail, Memos, Letters, Filing, Copies, Data Base, etc.
o Keeps inventory updated and places orders as necessary
o Answers Evangelism phones–1st level of customer service for Evangelism
o Oversees and keeps up-to-date the Evangelism calendar tracking all departmental commitments
Assistant Project Management Duties
o In charge of keeping Monday.com up-to-date
o Keeps track of all Evangelism projects, shareholders, deliverables
o Tracks each shareholder’s progress and brings a layer of accountability to the agreed-upon timeline
o Pursues, records, and tracks details from all participating departments that would make progress more timely and efficient
o Conducts all administrative assistant areas of responsibility in the field when necessary
o Conducts all assistant project management duties in the field when necessary
o Assists the Evangelism and Bible school departments with basic training in Bible school and Discovery center platforms when needed
o Prepares, processes, ships, and tracks all materials and supplies necessary for field events involving the Evangelism and Bible school departments.
1. QUALIFICATIONS, SCOPE, & COMPLEXITY OF DUTIES:
Education: Minimum of college degree or equivalent experience
Experience: Minimum of four years of related experience as an administrative assistant
Membership: Member in good standing of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
Skills, scope, and complexity of duties:
-Necessary administrative assistant skills to sufficiently handle the job assignment
• Excellent organizational skills
• Strong leadership skills
• Command of Microsoft office suite or Mac OS X Pages, Keynote, and Numbers is a must
• Adobe Suite experience a plus but not necessary: e.g. Acrobat, In Design, Photo Shop
-Ability to perform assignments with accuracy and promptness
• Strong attention-to-detail mindset
-Experience in assistant project managing desired
-Good personal relationship skills and ability to communicate effectively with people and organizations at all levels
-Flexibility to adapt to urgent projects, unusual situations, and change
2. INTERPERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS:
In Voice of Prophecy
-Evangelism and Bible school Directors
– Evangelism associate director
– Departmental directors and associates
– Office staff
– All on-campus personnel
Outside of Voice of Prophecy
– NAD officers and personnel, including Unions and Conferences
– Agents and representatives of various institutions and companies
– General public
-Evangelism Director or Associate Evangelism Director in the Director’s absence.
o Secondary Contact: Bible School Director
3. WORKING CONDITIONS:
o General working conditions of an office
o Occasional need for travel flexibility and travel hazards to include long-term on location field work with the team–e.g. Revelation Speaks Peace campaigns for 4-5 weeks.
o Physical requirements: requires standing, walking, time at a desk, reaching, climbing, and lifting (maximum of 50 lbs.)
– 38 regular hours per week,
– Occasionally will require variable hours and weekend work
– No special clothing or safety gear required
AUTHORITY & ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: In an effort to encourage an equitable work environment, it is the general policy of the Voice of Prophecy to not consider job applications from immediate family members of employees for full-time positions. Should you have questions, before applying, please check with the Adventist media Ministries human resources department.
Wages range $18.75 - $25.11