POSITION SUMMARY: Serves the Voice of Prophecy as the lead in the Development Department for donor communication and management. Coordinates plan for routine communication with the donor base, which includes and is not limited to monthly appeal letters, donor thank-you letters, emails, phone calls, videos, and website communication. Working in close contact with the Development Director and donor relations staff, oversees donor management, identification, and cultivation, thus enabling the ministry to carry out its mission of equipping the world for Christ to come.
The Associate Department Director provides administrative assistance to the Development Department, with a focus on office and fundraising support, effective database management and reporting, event logistics, and donor stewardship efforts. As necessary, the Associate Department Director will recruit and supervise volunteers to help with department efforts.
AUTHORITY & ACCOUNTABILITY: Authority as delegated by the Development Director. Responsible for oversight of the donor relations activities in accordance with the Voice of Prophecy policy and objectives.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
- Provide vision, energy, and passion for VOP’s mission, values and integrity in all aspects of the job.
- Understand basic fundraising principles and the importance of donor relationships.
- Stay current with fundraising trends including, but not limited to, data management software, research methodologies and stewardship best practices.
- Assist with other duties as assigned by the director of the department.
- Have excellent writing skills, the ability to tell a great appeal story, and make a successful appeal.
- Implement cultivation, stewardship, solicitation and recognition strategies for sponsors and donors, and provide excellent follow up (appeal letters/e-mail, thank-you letters/cards/e-mail, telephone calls, etc.)
- Ensure the timely completion of routine work such as gift acknowledgment, solicitation and cultivation mailings, and event invitations.
- Ensure the proper acknowledgment of donations through thank-you letters, greeting cards, memos, telephone calls, and timely touch points.
- Implement donor cultivation and stewardship events when appropriate (sponsorship and donor related programs, etc.)
- Create proposals for solicitation of restricted gifts as well as follow-up reports for donors making restricted gifts.
- Provide oversight and guidance to the donor relations staff and volunteers (donor cultivation and donor nurturing) Making sure:
- There is a donor outreach and communication program,
- Supporters and donors are contacted on a regular basis,
- Donors are provided with constant relevant information and support,
- Donors are invited to participate and engage in major projects and events.
- Become familiar with our current database in order to supervise data entry and report generation, as well as manipulate data to create reports, mailing lists, and maintain communication records with donors.
- Oversee the generation of reports from the donor database and ensure donor relations and data entry staff generate those reports in a timely
- Schedule and assist with various staff, volunteer, and departmental initiated meetings (Sponsorship, monthly appeal, donor relations, etc.)
- Recommend and implement appropriate cultivation and solicitation strategies for donor/prospect engagement, visits, debrief, and follow-up activity.
1. QUALIFICATIONS, SCOPE, & COMPLEXITY OF DUTIES:
Education: Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree
Experience: Minimum of three years in a professional office environment including, but not limited to, office management.
Membership: Must be a member in good standing in the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
Skills, scope, and complexity of duties:
- Prior donor stewardship experience and a good understanding of fundraising principles, donor relations, and donor database organization and management.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to follow instructions, exercise direction, make decisions, and assume responsibility for all tasks and projects assigned.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while paying attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good interpersonal and listening skills and the proven ability to develop relationships and proposals, in person and in writing, with donors and colleagues.
- Ability to meet deadlines and function effectively in an environment demanding some levels of discretion, flexibility, and superior work.
- Ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner and to tactfully handle stressful situations, resolve potential conflicts, maintain confidentiality, and observe organizational protocol.
- Computer literacy.
- Limited travel and weekend work may be required.
2. INTERPERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS:
Within Voice of Prophecy:
- Speaker/Director of VOP
- Manager of VOP
- Development Director of VOP
- Public Relations Director of VOP
- Donor Relations and Data Entry staff and volunteers.
- VOP office staff.
- Support Services and all on-campus personnel
Outside of Voice of Prophecy:
- Donors and Sponsors
- Event sales planners
- North American Division Philanthropic Service for Institutions
Principal Contact: Development Director
Secondary Contact: VOP Manager and Public Relations Director
3. WORKING CONDITIONS:
- General working conditions of an office
- Travel flexibility and travel hazards
- Physical requirements: requires limited driving, standing, walking, and significant time on the computer or at a desk, reaching, climbing, and lifting (maximum of 50 lbs.)
- 38 regular hours per week,
- Will require variable hours and weekend work
- No special clothing or safety gear required
AUTHORITY & ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Employment of Family Members: In an effort to encourage an equitable work environment, it is the general policy of the Voice of Prophecy to not consider job applications from immediate family members of employees for full-time positions. Should you have questions, before applying, please check with the Adventist Media Ministries human resources department.
Wages per hour range from:
$21,71 - $34.39