Communications and Marketing
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for the promotion and marketing of the BOL ministry through television, radio, video, the internet (inclusive of social media), periodicals, books, products, and displays.
AUTHORITY & ACCOUNTABILITY: Authority as delegated by the BOL Speaker/Director and Ministry Management. Directly responsible to the BOL Speaker/Director.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
- Ensure weekly broadcasts for television and accompanying sound tracks are properly edited and sent to television networks and channels, along with radio broadcasts.
- Evaluate and select scenes for dramatic and entertainment value and story continuity including weekly broadcasts and video commercials.
- Trim program segments to specified lengths and reassemble segments into a sequence that presents the story with maximum effect.
- Review assembled program and make corrections.
- Oversee and execute the development and maintenance of social media for BOL ministries.
- Prepare and develop social media content to support and enhance BOL outreach.
- Ensure social media posts are monitored on a consistent basis, along with analyzing social media channels.
- Build a community of followers and strengthen interaction with the public.
- Understand and implement the commonly-used concepts practices and procedures in social media.
- Stay current with the latest trends in social media.
- Provide leadership and oversight to the BOL Motion Graphic Artist, Digital Content Specialist, Video Tape Editor, Social Media Strategist, and Graphic Designer in their respective roles.
- Serve as “ghost writer” and contributing editor/author for the production of books/publications to be authored by the BOL Speaker/Director.
- Develop and write articles promoting BOL, along with producing articles that report on BOL ministry activities, and submitting them to denominational as well as non-denominational periodicals and journals.
- Develop and oversee the production of advertisements to be submitted in periodicals and journals.
- Other projects and duties as assigned by the BOL Speaker/Director.
1. QUALIFICATIONS, SCOPE, & COMPLEXITY OF DUTIES:
- Education: A Bachelor Degree from an accredited college or university. A Communications major or a related field is preferred.
- Experience: Three years experience in Communications related field. Skills: Production editing and related equipment.
- Membership: An active member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
- Skills, scope, and complexity of duties:
- Must understand the basic theory and have familiarity with Communications and Marketing.
- Experienced computer and internet skills.
- Must be capable of using sound judgment while accepting direction from others.
- Ability to competently express ideas and thoughts reflective of the values of BOL.
- Good personal relationship skills.
- Flexibility to adapt to urgent projects of unusual situations.
- Work within a team to accomplish ministry goals.
2. INTERPERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS:
- Department Directors
- Office staff and field representatives
- Support services personnel at the Adventist Media Center in Riverside, CA
Listeners, donors, clients, and online following
Principal Contact: Speaker/Director
Secondary Contact(s): Ministry Manager
3. WORKING CONDITIONS:
- General working conditions of an office and production studio
- Travel flexibility and travel hazards
- Physical requirements: requires time at a computer or at desk, along with standing, walking, reaching, climbing, and lifting (maximum of 50 lbs.)
- 38 regular hours per week
- Will require variable hours and weekend work
- Office clothing required