Marketing and Communications
POSITION SUMMARY: Assist the Development/Marketing Director by providing It Is Written stakeholders with timely and compelling information about the activity of It Is Written. The candidate should be pursuing a degree in English, Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or Public Relations. Strong copy-editing skills preferred, professional social media experience a plus, news/feature writing experience a plus, creative eye desired for photo search selection. The right candidate will be organized, detail-oriented, able to work independently, take initiative, and have the capacity to manage multiple projects on various deadlines. It is crucial that this position supports the mission and values of It Is Written by exemplifying the values and beliefs of the Seventh-day Adventist Church in all interactions.
AUTHORITY & ACCOUNTABILITY: Authority is delegated by the Development Director. Works closely with the Marketing Assistant to complete marketing, communications, and public relations tasks.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
- Schedule daily devotional emails
- Schedule daily social media posts
- Copy-edit articles for the quarterly ministry magazine; additional copy-editing as needed
- Ensure marketing materials follow house style guidelines
- Help with writing as able with direction (press releases, first drafts)
- Drafting social media posts as needed
- Search for photos for graphic design requests
- Assist in tracking down details from various departments for written material (dates, speakers, bios, photos, etc.)
- Draft and edit other external emails as needed
- Social media moderation as needed
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned by the Marketing Assistant or Development Director
1. QUALIFICATIONS, SCOPE, & COMPLEXITY OF DUTIES:
High school diploma is required; some college preferred.
- Copy-editing/proofreading experience needed
- Social media posting and moderation experience preferred
- Membership and Mission:
Embrace the mission and values of It Is Written and be a member in good standing of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
- Skills, scope, and complexity of duties:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite preferred
- Good communication skills
- Positive attitude
- Sharp attention to detail
- The use of the following machines may be required each day: computer, calculator, multi-line telephone.
- Needs to possess accuracy, flexibility, good judgment, and patience.
- Needs to be a self-starter, a team player, and honest.
2. INTERPERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS:
- At It Is Written:
- Works closely with the Marketing Assistant
- Some contact with other department producers and assistants
- Outside of It Is Written:
- Assists with developing communication pieces for It Is Written stakeholders
- Principal Contact: Development Director, Marketing Assistant
- Additional Contacts: Manager/Treasurer
3. WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Moderate stress due to meeting critical daily deadlines
- Viewing computer screen(s) for long periods of time
- Prolonged sitting
- Repetitive motion from keyboard use
- Physical requirements (percentages are approximations):
- Standing 8% of the time (depends on the use of standing desk)
- Sitting and working on a computer 80%
- Walking 10%
- Reaching 2%
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs
- Hours: Part-time, 12-15 hours per week; 3-hour blocks minimum. Schedule to be set within the first two weeks of employment.
- Special clothing: None
- Safety gear: Not specified