POSITION SUMMARY: Assist the Development director with providing IIW stakeholders with timely and compelling information about the activity of IIW. The candidate should be pursuing a degree in English, Communications, Journalism, Public Relations. Professional SM experience a plus, copy-editing/writing experience a plus, creative eye desired for photo search selection. It is crucial that this position support the mission of It Is Written by exemplifying the values and beliefs of the Seventh-day Adventist Church in all interactions.
AUTHORITY & ACCOUNTABILITY: Authority is delegated by the Development Department Director.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
- Search for photos for requests to Creative
- Assist in tracking down details from various departments for written material (dates, speakers, bios, photos, etc)
- Help with social media and email scheduling
- Drafting social media posts (some)
- Social media moderation
- Help with editing as able (Use Chicago and internal style guide)
- Help with writing as able with direction (press release, first drafts)
- Engage more with social media comments (liking and responding)
- Office cleaning
- The use of the following machines may be required each day: computer, calculator, multi-line telephone.
- Needs to possess accuracy, flexibility, good judgment, and patience.
- Needs to be a self-starter, a team player, and honest.
1. QUALIFICATIONS, SCOPE, & COMPLEXITY OF DUTIES:
- High school diploma required, some college preferred.
- Experience with social media posting and moderation is preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite preferred.
- Problem solving
- Good Communication Skills
- Member of the Seventh Day Adventist Church
2. INTERPERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS:
- At IIW:
- Works closely with Development department employees
- Occasional contact with other departments.
- Outside IIW:
- Assists with developing communication pieces for IIW stakeholders
- Principal Contact: Development Department Director
- Secondary Contact: Treasurer/Manager/Human Resources
3. WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Moderate stress due to meeting critical daily deadlines.
- Viewing computer screen(s) for long periods of time.
- Prolonged sitting.
- Repetitive motion from keyboard use.
Physical Requirements (percentages are approximations)
- Standing 8% of the time (depends on the use of standing desk)
- Sitting and working on a computer 80%
- Walking 10%
- Reaching 2%
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs
AUTHORITY & ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: PT 10-15 hours per week