POSITION SUMMARY: Serves as a Customer Service Representative in behalf of the VOP Ministry. Answers telephones, processes orders, interact with church members and church leadership. Provide general support and assist churches during evangelism events.
AUTHORITY & ACCOUNTABILITY: Accountable to VOP Manager and the Bible School Associate Director.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
Essential Position Functions:
Good customer care skills and multi-tasking required.
- Handling telephone calls— assisting callers, routing calls as needed, etc.
- Processing VOP Ministry orders and invoices.
- Assisting with the Discovery Centers website.
- Be knowledgeable about the Discover Bible School and Discovery Mountain systems, products and websites.
- Must be patient and understanding when dealing with the general public, church members, pastors and other church leaders.
- Other assigned duties as needed.
Specific Position Functions:
Normal customer service functions such as:
- processing orders,
- phone calls,
- and other related functions.
- Assist in entering updates and content to the Discovery Centers website.
- Provide general support and assist churches with registration and orders during evangelism events.
- Other duties as assigned.
1. QUALIFICATIONS, SCOPE, & COMPLEXITY OF DUTIES:
Education: Minimum two-year college or equivalent.
Experience: Minimum two years general office experience.
Membership: Member in good standing of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
- Skills, scope, and complexity of duties:
- General computer knowledge, typing (40 wpm), use Microsoft Word, good comprehension and organizational skills, and very good interaction skills with people.
- Flexibility to adapt to urgent projects or unusual situations.
2. INTERPERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS:
- In Media Center: Human Resource Department and others as needed.
- Outside of Media Center: Students, pastors, churches, Bible schools.
- Principal Contact: VOP Manager, Bible School Associate Director.
- Secondary Contact: Bible School Director and Assistant Director.
3. WORKING CONDITIONS:
Normal office conditions, no physical hazards.
- 38 regular hours per week.
- No special clothing or safety gear required.