Customer Service – VOP Manager
POSITION SUMMARY: Serves as a Customer Service Representative on behalf of the VOP Ministry. Answers telephones, processes phone and online orders and interacts with church members and church leadership. Provides general support and assist churches during evangelism events.
AUTHORITY & ACCOUNTABILITY: Accountable to VOP Manager and the Bible School Director.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
- Good customer care skills and multi-tasking are required.
- Handling telephone calls— assisting callers, routing calls as needed, etc.
- Processing VOP Ministry orders and invoices.
- Assisting with the VOP Online Store website.
- Assisting with the Discovery Centers website.
- Be knowledgeable about the Discover Bible School and Discovery Mountain systems, products and websites.
- Must be patient and understanding when dealing with the general public, church members, pastors and other church leaders.
- Other assigned duties as needed.
Specific Position Functions:
- Normal customer service functions such as:
- processing orders,
- phone calls,
- and other related functions.
- Assist in entering updates and content to the Discovery Centers and VOP Online Store websites.
- Provide general support and assist churches with registration and orders during evangelism events.
- Other duties as assigned.
1. QUALIFICATIONS, SCOPE, & COMPLEXITY OF DUTIES:
Education: Minimum two-year college or equivalent.
Experience: Minimum two years of general office experience.
Membership: Member in good standing and supportive of the mission and values of the Seventh-day Adventist church
- Skills, scope, and complexity of duties:
- General computer knowledge, typing (40 wpm), use Microsoft Word, good comprehension and organizational skills, and very good interaction skills with people.
- Flexibility to adapt to urgent projects or unusual situations.
2. INTERPERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS:
- In Media Center: Human Resource Department and others as needed.
- Outside of Media Center: Students, pastors, churches, Bible schools.
- Principal Contact: VOP Manager, Bible School Associate Director.
- Secondary Contact: Bible School Director and Assistant Director.
3. WORKING CONDITIONS:
Normal office conditions, no physical hazards.
- 38 regular hours per week.
- No special clothing or safety gear is required.
AUTHORITY & ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Employment of Family Members: In an effort to encourage an equitable work environment, it is the general policy of the Voice of Prophecy to not consider job applications from immediate family members of employees for full-time positions. Should you have questions, before applying, please check with the Adventist Media Ministries Human Resources Department.