POSITION SUMMARY: Deliver the best customer service possible. Interacts directly with customers. Assist with complaints, orders, errors, account questions, billing, cancellations, and other queries. It is crucial that this position support the mission of It is Written by exemplifying the values and beliefs of the Seventh-day Adventist Church in all interactions.
AUTHORITY & ACCOUNTABILITY: Authority is delegated by the CSR Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
- Answer phones. Listen and respond to voicemails.
- Monitoring chat feature on itiswritten.shop
- Timely read and respond to incoming emails, or forward to the appropriate person.
- Process Bible School orders.
- Process promotional orders.
- Assist with placement of orders, refunds, or exchanges.
- Resolve customer complaints via phone, email, mail, or chat.
- Answer product questions and suggest information about other products if needed.
- Other Duties As Assigned
1. QUALIFICATIONS, SCOPE, & COMPLEXITY OF DUTIES:
High school diploma required, some college preferred.
Two years of experience in customer service preferred, dealing directly with customers.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite.
- Enjoy and be adept at serving customers on the telephone.
- Ability to type a minimum of 45 wpm.
- Must possess strong customer service and leadership qualities.
- Ability to multitask with excellent time-management skills.
- -Product knowledge
- -Problem solving
- -Clear Communication Skills
Member of Seventh Day Adventist Church
2. INTERPERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS:
- At IIW:
- Works closely with other Customer Service employees, the Publishing department, the Shipping department, and the Treasury department.
- Occasional contact with other departments.
- Outside IIW:
- Answers listener/viewers telephone inquiries, answers customer inquiries
- Principal Contact: Publishing Director/CSR Supervisor
- Secondary Contact: Treasurer/Manager/Human Resources
3. WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Moderate to high stress due to meeting critical daily deadlines.
- Viewing computer screen(s) for long periods of time.
- Prolonged sitting. Accommodations can be made. (A standing desk is provided and can be used if desired)
- Repetitive motion from keyboard use.
Physical Requirements (percentages are approximations)
- Standing 8% of the time (depends on the use of standing desk)
- Sitting and working on a computer 80%
- Walking 10%
- Reaching 2%
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs
- Hours: PT 29 hrs
- Requires variable hours: Occasionally (depends on sales volume)
- Requires weekend work: Occasionally (maybe once every two years)
- Special clothing: None
- Equipment: Hand truck
- Safety gear: Close-toed shoes