POSITION SUMMARY: Deliver the best customer service possible. Interacts directly with churches and their staff providing training and hands-on technical and logistical support for Churches sponsoring Evangelistic Campaigns.
AUTHORITY & ACCOUNTABILITY: Authority is delegated by Assoc. Evangelism and Tech Directors.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
- Tech and logistical support to churches
- Receive and make calls to churches in need of support for VOP events.
- Retrieve and respond to voicemails related to campaign needs.
- Monitor and respond to email questions and comments, answering questions finding solutions, and if needed forwarding questions to the appropriate person(s) at VOP.
- Assist churches with training, support, and logistical needs
- Other duties as needed.
Training of Tech and logistical support to churches
1. QUALIFICATIONS, SCOPE, & COMPLEXITY OF DUTIES:
- College degree or equivalent.
- Two years of experience in customer service preferred, dealing directly with customers.
- Maintain ongoing technical proficiency in each of the software platforms used by VOP’s local church evangelism ministry.
- Stay current with latest trends in technology
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite.
- Enjoy and be adept serving customers on the telephone.
- Ability to type a minimum of 45 wpm.
- Must possess strong customer service and leadership qualities.
- Ability to multitask with excellent time-management skills.
Member of Seventh-day Adventist Church
Level of Authority and Responsibility
- Responsible to Manager
Scope and Complexity of Job Duties
- The use of the following machines may be required each day: computer, video equipment, calculator, multi-line telephone, point of sale software.
- Needs to possess accuracy, flexibility, good judgment, and patience.
- Needs to be a self-starter, empathetic toward customers, a team player, and honest.
2. INTERPERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS:
- At VOP:
- Works closely with other Evangelism Department employees
- Occasional contact with other departments.
- Outside VOP:
- Answers listener/viewers telephone inquiries, answers customer inquiries
- Principal Contact: Manager
- Secondary Contact: Evangelism Department Director
3. WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Moderate to high stress due to meeting critical daily deadlines.
- Viewing computer screen(s) for long periods of time.
- Prolonged sitting. Accommodations can be made. (A standing desk is provided and can be used if desired)
- Repetitive motion from keyboard use.
Physical Requirements (percentages are approximations)
- Standing 8% of the time (depends on use of standing desk)
- Sitting and working on a computer 80%
- Walking 10%
- Reaching 2%
- Hours: PT less than 19 hrs per week
- Requires variable hours: Occasionally
- Requires weekend work: Occasionally
- Special clothing: None
- Equipment: None
- Safety gear: None