POSITION SUMMARY: Serves It Is Written by performing assistant duties for the Media Production department and working alongside production staff to enable the ministry to carry out its mission of reaching a spiritually-seeking audience with the distinctive message of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
AUTHORITY & ACCOUNTABILITY: Authority as delegated by the Media Production Director and directly responsible to the Production Producer.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
- Research themes and script ideas
- Write episode descriptions
- Format scripts for teleprompter use
- Operate teleprompter during studio production
- Assist with camera operation and editing
- Find supplemental video content for episodes
- Play an integral role in helping the Media Production department develop strategies to improve the department’s efficiency and effectiveness
- Assist with scheduling talent, crew, and filming locations
- Episode metadata entry
- Manage stock footage libraries including keyword tagging
- Work with and report to the Production Producer as necessary to ensure all work is compatible with IIW branding guidelines and strategies
- Fulfill other responsibilities and duties as assigned by the Production Producer
1. QUALIFICATIONS, SCOPE, & COMPLEXITY OF DUTIES:
Minimum of a bachelor’s degree with an emphasis on digital, radio, and television production preferred.
Preferred: Three to five years as a creative media professional either with an agency or organization.
Member in good standing of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
- Has a close relationship with Jesus Christ and sets a good example for others.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, Apple Final Cut Pro, and/or DaVinci Resolve.
- Knowledge and experience in both production and post-production work.
- Self-starter who can exercise direction and independent judgment, manage multiple projects, make decisions, assume responsibility, and deliver on tight deadlines.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Flexibility to adapt to urgent projects or unusual situations.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal guidance.
- Ability to gauge the feasibility of proposed projects within limits of given time and resources.
- Superb time-management and multitasking skills.
- A happy passion for using the latest and emerging technologies to better equip evangelism.
- Solid finger on the pulse of technology and the tech industry, including a firm understanding of how current trends and emerging concepts might benefit It Is Written’s mission this year, next year, and 5-10 years from now.
2. INTERPERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS:
- Media Production Director
- Production Supervisor
- Office Staff
- Ministry vendors and contractors
3. WORKING CONDITIONS:
- General working conditions of an office.
- Moderate to occasional high-stress levels due to deadlines and job load.
- Physical requirements: requires standing, walking, time at the desk, reaching, climbing, and lifting (maximum of 50 lbs.)
- 38 regular hours per
- Will require some variable hours and weekend
- No special clothing or safety gear is