POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for coordinating the development and editing of the ministry’s quarterly magazine, Impressions. Coordinates the scheduling and content management of social media and web postings. Responsible for representing the ministry via communication and events within and outside the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
Write TV program descriptions. Maintain, update, and distribute pressroom webpage and PR photo drive; plan, direct, compile, and edit Impressions magazine; reply to inquiries via social media, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com. Prepare EveryWord, bi-weekly, and specific emails via Mailchimp; plan, schedule, and prepare social media posts; update ISSUU with digital copy of printed media; prepare blog postings, update website with PR material as needed; order giveaways for conventions; assist with convention planning, submit news stories to NAD NewsPoints, Union, and Adventist Review magazines; collect and maintain ministry stories and viewer responses; edit and proof material for various departments as needed. Other duties as assigned.
1. QUALIFICATIONS, SCOPE, & COMPLEXITY OF DUTIES:
- Education: Minimum of high school degree. Some college experience preferred.
- Experience: Two years of related experience preferred.
- Skills, scope, and complexity of duties:
◦ Necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to sufficiently handle the job assignment.
◦ Office software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe Suite, and project management software.
◦ Comfortable with social media outlets and has an understanding of HTML web design.
◦ Self-motivate with the ability to prioritize projects.
◦ Flexibility to adapt to urgent projects or unusual situations.
◦ Member in good standing of the Seventh- day Adventist Church.
3. WORKING CONDITIONS:
- General working conditions of an office.
- Occasional need for travel flexibility and out of office work.
- Physical requirements: requires standing, walking, time at desk, reaching, climbing, and lifting (maximum of 40 lbs).
◦ 38 regular hours per week.
◦ Occasionally will require variable hours and weekend work.
◦ No special clothing or safety gear required.
AUTHORITY & ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: For questions please contact Charles Reel at 423-362-5810.