POSITION SUMMARY: Serves Faith For Today by overseeing the Media Department and working alongside Faith For Today’s Manager and Speaker-Director to enable the ministry to carry out its mission of reaching a secular audience with the distinctive message of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
AUTHORITY & ACCOUNTABILITY: Authority as delegated by the Manager and directly responsible to the Manager.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
Digital Producer/Media Content Producer
- Create and edit media and digital content for ministry needs.
- Manage day-to-day activities of assigned video, audio, and digital programs, and developing content.
- Creatively develop and edit content for websites, social media platforms, and YouTube.
- Develop digital summaries and content for assigned programs.
- Function as an engineer and technical director for assigned programs.
- Help with management of relationships between FFT and outside service providers.
- Play an integral role as part of Lifestyle Magazine production team.
- Work with Manager to manage copyright needs for programs.
- Coordinate with Manager for contracted labor for media department.
- Manage media department employees and other employees assigned to the department for specific projects.
- Manage media department fixed assets.
- Maintain a schedule of all departmental projects.
- Play a key role in helping FFT management team develop media strategies and execution plans.
- Create strategies to improve the department’s efficiency and effectiveness.
- Edit all FFT programs for broadcast quality.
- Produce, shoot and edit video projects for short turnaround (3-4 week lead time).
- Work with and report to Speaker-Director as necessary to ensure all video work is compatible with FFT branding guidelines and strategies.
- Fulfill other responsibilities and duties as assigned by the Speaker/Director.
- Work with FFT management team to strategize and develop growth plans.
- Work with vendors to update, maintain and expand the website and mobile app content and reach.
- Work with smartphone and Roku app vendors to update and maintain current and future media content across current and emerging platforms.
- Work with FFT executive team to develop new and innovative programming that will appeal to broader audiences.
- Maintain library of FFT Programs.
- Maintain post-production process – transcriptions closed captioning, duplication, and distribution of shows.
1. QUALIFICATIONS, SCOPE, & COMPLEXITY OF DUTIES:
Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis on digital, radio, and television production preferred. Master’s Degree preferred.
Preferred: Seven to ten years as a creative media professional either with an agency or organization.
Membership: Member in good standing of the Seventh-day Adventist church
- Has a close relationship with Jesus Christ and sets a good example for others.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, Apple Keynote, and Microsoft Suite.
- Knowledge and experience in both production and post-production work
- Self-starter who can exercise direction and independent judgment, manage multiple projects, make decisions, assume responsibility, and deliver on tight deadlines.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Flexibility to adapt to urgent projects or unusual situations.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal guidance.
- Ability to gauge the feasibility of proposed projects within limits of given time and resources.
- Superb time-management and multitasking skills.
- A happy passion for using the latest and emerging technologies to better equip evangelism.
- Solid finger on the pulse of technology and the tech industry, including a firm understanding of how current trends and emerging concepts might benefit FFT’s mission this year, next year, and 5-10 years from now.
2. INTERPERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS:
- Ministry Manager
- Director of Development
- Director of Station Relations
- Office staff
- Ministry vendors and contractors
3. WORKING CONDITIONS:
- General working conditions of an office.
- Requires some travel.
- Moderate to occasional high-stress levels due to deadlines and job load.
- Physical requirements: requires standing, walking, time at a desk, reaching, climbing, and lifting (maximum of 50 lbs.)
- 38 regular hours per week.
- Must be a member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church who believes in and supports its fundamental teachings.