POSITION SUMMARY: The Director of Development serves the Voice of Prophecy in a development capacity through the creation, implementation, and management of donor-related programs and strategies, thus enabling the ministry to carry out its mission of sharing the gospel with the world through media and public evangelism.
AUTHORITY & ACCOUNTABILITY: Speaker/Director and Manager-Treasurer
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
• Designs and frequently updates the development department strategy.
• Plans donor events.
• Implements internet fundraising strategies.
• Creates donor acquisition campaigns.
• Manages the department budget.
• Runs regular reports to find new ways through which fundraising can become more effective.
• Fulfills other responsibilities and duties as assigned by VOP ministry management.
1. QUALIFICATIONS, SCOPE, & COMPLEXITY OF DUTIES:
- Education: Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Experience: Minimum of five years in a fundraising environment.
- Self-starter—able to work independently under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Creative writing ability.
- Fundraising computer application skills a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written forms with a variety of constituencies, including donors and board members.
- Willingness to receive training on a regular basis.
- Ability to analyze project performance and determine the cause of action to increase future performance.
- Flexibility to adapt to urgent projects or unusual situations.
- Has a close relationship with Jesus Christ sets a good example for others.
- Member in good standing of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
2. INTERPERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS:
o Within the Organization
Speaker/Director, Manager-Treasurer, management, and all staff.
o Outside the Organization
Executive Committee and church leadership
Guest speakers, hotel staff, musicians
o Principal Contact: Manager-Treasurer
3. WORKING CONDITIONS:
o General working conditions of an office.
o Requires some travel.
o Requires some standing, walking, and work at a desk.
o Requires minimal reaching, climbing, and lifting (maximum of 30 lbs.)
o Specific requirements:
38-50 regular hours per week.
Occasional weekend work.
No special safety gear needed.