POSITION SUMMARY: The Marketing Director is responsible for marketing It Is Written within the Seventh-day Adventist church, and for marketing ministry initiatives and resources to the general public. Responsible for public relations and advertising, and assists in creating synergy between projects in various departments. Works with all departments of It Is Written as needed.
AUTHORITY & ACCOUNTABILITY: As delegated by the It Is Written Board. -- in accordance with Adventist Media Center and It Is Written’s policy and objectives.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
- Script, edit, post Social Media marketing posts including live on-location updates
- Direct message of Impressions magazine
- Coordinate and schedule camp-meeting representation
- Organize, oversee and direct convention representation and message
- Develop IIW representation at Adventist universities
- Write or coordinate ministry representative devotionals monthly to union papers
- Write press releases and announcements for churches and union papers
- Coordinate strategy for musician representation at concerts
- Select and purchase marketing material including giveaways and PR pieces
- Update message of ministry on the website and ensure the message is clear and current
- Work with Publishing Director on product placement ads
- Work with Planned Giving Director on advertising pieces
- Work with Development Director on Partnership advertising pieces
- Represent IIW in the local community and be an active member of organizations such as PSI, AFP, and the local Chamber of Commerce
- Work with Development to write a monthly appeal letter
- Work with Creative Director to ensure branding is consistent across departments
- Design and launch email marketing campaigns promoting the ministry
- Work with Treasurer and Department Directors to determine event budget and manage expenses to that budget
- Develop marketing communication campaigns
1. QUALIFICATIONS, SCOPE, & COMPLEXITY OF DUTIES:
Education: preferred Bachelor’s (BA/BS) degree in Marketing, Communication, Business, or related field. Relevant work experience or relevant college courses in communication may be acceptable in lieu of an academic requirement.
Experience: Minimum two years experience.
Skills, scope, and complexity of duties: Successful applicants will
- Have the willingness to learn new skills and keep knowledge updated
- Be an accomplished and creative writer
- Be friendly, courteous, have good communication skills, and be self-motivated with the ability to complete tasks with little supervision.
- Have strong interpersonal communication skills necessary, provide advocacy for functions performed and maintain high levels of communication with subordinates, users, and supervisors.
- Have the ability to oversee and manage large and complex projects to completion and manage details while seeing the big picture.
- Have the ability to communicate effectively with internal staff (Department Directors, Office staff, AMM) and external clients (public and private media, GC, NAD, Conference, Union Communication Departments).
- Must be a member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church who believes in and supports its fundamental teachings.
2. INTERPERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS:
- Manager of It Is Written
- Department Directors
- Office staff
- Support Services and all on-campus personnel
3. WORKING CONDITIONS:
- General working conditions of an office and in the field – must maintain continuous operation, availability, and efficiency of the office. Low to moderate sound levels are normal in work areas.
- Physical requirements: requires standing, walking, time at a desk, reaching, climbing, and lifting (maximum of 50 lbs.)
- Travel flexibility to conferences (CALLED, GC, ASI, GYC, NAD Teachers, Partnership as required, camp meetings, international travel) and associated travel hazards.
- No special clothing or safety gear is required.
- Equipment as justified for the position.
- Fragrance-free office environment.