POSITION SUMMARY: Provides leadership and direction to the Information Services Department of Adventist Media Ministries Support Services (AMMSS).
AUTHORITY & ACCOUNTABILITY: The IS Director directs the daily operation of the IS Department and supports the IS functions of the various ministries served by AMMSS.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
- Perform system analysis, identify technology needs and make recommendations to business decision-makers
- Researches and tests any purchases of new software application packages to ensure overall integration and internal customer satisfaction among users.
- Serve as a continuous learning partner to management, bringing evolving technologies and best practices to the company in all functions
- Effectively manage and lead the vendor relations and projects – oversee projects through to completion including planning, coordination, and execution with accountability. Be the “go to” for issue resolution with MSPs, SAAS, and PAAS providers.
- Execute project management activities for roadmap items including work planning, status reporting, and project financial management
- With limited direction, work on complex projects and often multiple phases of a project or multiple concurrent projects
- Performs salary administration and conducts interviews and makes recommendations for new hires, consultants, and/or replacement personnel.
- Develop and communicate goals and strategies for maintaining and improving IT services.
- Oversee and manage Information Services budgeting, strategic and tactical planning
- Listen to the needs of AMMSS and the ministries it supports to help develop automated business processes that will improve efficiency of their work.
- Manage telecommunications infrastructure and development plans, projects, policies, and procedures.
- Provide technical expertise for system design, installation, configuration, tuning, capacity planning, troubleshooting, and problem resolution
- Attend and provide counsel to various committees and boards that serve AMMSS.
- Perform liaison duties between users, operations, and programming personnel in the areas of systems design, modifications, or troubleshooting.
- Identifies, investigates, resolves, and develops processes, procedures, and associated documentation relative to the security of computer systems, networks, and telecommunications along with confidentiality and standards administration.
- Ensure the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by enforcement of organizational security policies, and effective operation of security solutions and/or controls.
- Conduct security reviews and evaluates information risk on a regular time schedule.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant information security threats and technologies.
- Ensure compliance with changing cybersecurity laws and applicable regulations
1. QUALIFICATIONS, SCOPE, & COMPLEXITY OF DUTIES:
- Education: Bachelor’s (BA/BS) degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Business or Management required. Relevant work experience or relevant college courses may be acceptable in lieu of academic requirement.
- Experience: Minimum of ten (10) years of experience within information technology and services
- Experience with the installation, configuration, administration, and maintenance of Windows and Linux Servers (physical and virtual)
- Experience with MDM and IAM solutions
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of business processes and system architecture, with excellent program management, crisis management, budget management, communication, vendor relationship/management, development of technical/functional documentation, and writing skills
- Experience with network design and cloud architecture including PAAS and SAAS solutions
- Proven experience using and supporting a wide variety of open source technologies and tools.
- A member of the Seventh-day Adventist church in regular and good standing.
- Must adhere to and be supportive of the fundamental beliefs of the Seventh-day Adventist church.
- Preferred qualifications
- Five or more years of senior-level management and supervisory experience
- Masters’ degree in a relevant field
- Agile (or similar) certifications
- JumpCloud Experience
2. INTERPERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS:
- Must possess skill in working with culturally and ethnically diverse groups.
- Must possess listening and communication skills.
- Must be adaptable and creative in responding to setbacks and obstacles.
- Must be highly motivated and able to set personal goals and meet them.
- Must possess the ability to become competent in areas of responsibility.
- Must be a team player and have the ability to work for common objectives.
- Must be organized and detailed.
3. WORKING CONDITIONS:
- General working conditions of an office with low to moderate noise levels
- Occasional need for travel including annual visits to ministries, annual meetings, etc.
- Physical requirements: the employee is regularly required to talk or hear, requires standing, walking, time at desk, reaching, climbing, grasping, and lifting (maximum of 50 lbs.)
- 38 regular hours per week,
- Occasionally will require variable hours and weekend work
- No uniform or safety gear required – Professional business casual is required dress.