POSITION SUMMARY: Job requires a high degree of interaction with It Is Written IT department. Responsibilities include knowledge and configuration of content management systems and web programming languages. Must possess knowledge of Mac programming software and its interactions. Must be able to use knowledge derived from on-the-job experience as solutions to problem situations. It is crucial that this position supports the mission and values of It Is Written by exemplifying the values and beliefs of the Seventh-day Adventist Church in all interactions.
AUTHORITY & ACCOUNTABILITY: Authority as delegated by the IT Director--in accordance with It Is Written and North American Division policies and objectives.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
- Build web apps.
- Create database tables and code to aggregate data across several platforms.
- Stylize and implement a management interface for several web apps. This includes creating graphs and tables of relevant data.
- Create integrations between content management-driven websites with back-end systems.
- Create integrations between web apps.
- Architect information flows between systems.
- Architect and maintain an OAuth system.
- Architect and maintain a central API for app communications.
- Manage traffic flow for the website, API, and auth systems.
- Create systems integrations.
- Create and maintain API and authentication systems.
- Create and maintain web applications.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
1. QUALIFICATIONS, SCOPE, & COMPLEXITY OF DUTIES:
A Bachelor’s (BS) degree in Information Technology or Computer Science.
Experience with Ruby on Rails is required. Experience with React is preferred.
Two (2) years of writing code preferred.
- Membership and Mission:
Embrace the mission and values of It Is Written and be a member in good standing of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
- Skills, scope, and complexity of duties:
- Knowledge of programming languages such as Ruby, Java, HTML5, and CSS3.
- Software experience with databases, spreadsheets, word processing, and browsers.
- Willingness to learn new skills and keep knowledge updated.
- Must be user-friendly, courteous, have good communication skills, a positive attitude, sharp attention to detail, a team player, and be self-motivated with the ability to complete tasks with little supervision.
2. INTERPERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS:
- At It Is Written:
- Director of Information Technology
- IT Department Office staff
- Some contact with other department staff
- Outside of It Is Written:
- It Is Written vendors, guests, and volunteers
- Principal Contact: Director of IT
- Additional Contacts: Administration
- Note: Must possess the ability to deal tactfully and effectively with IT departmental personnel, and office staff on a daily basis. Individuals must remain calm under pressure and exhibit courtesy, diplomacy, a positive attitude, and kindness at all times, both in person and on the telephone. Individual must exhibit the ability to effectively handle confidential information/situations at all times and maintain a high degree of loyalty and support for supervisor, department, and the Seventh-day Adventist church.
3. WORKING CONDITIONS:
- General working conditions of an open office with moderate to high levels of stress.
- Must be available on off times to deploy and monitor web applications.
- Repetitive motion from keyboard use
- Physical requirements: requires standing, walking, time at a desk, reaching, climbing, and lifting (maximum of 50 lbs.)
- 38 regular hours per week
- May require variable hours and weekend work
- No special clothing or safety gear required
- Equipment as justified for position
AUTHORITY & ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Full Time Position