IT Is Written – IT
POSITION SUMMARY: Full Time Regular (non-exempt)
Position is for IT Technician to service the needs of IIW users. The right person will provide technical assistance, support and training to system users. Must be able to communicate technical information in clear language that is understandable to non-technical users. Must possess or be able to acquire knowledge of Mac hardware, software and their interactions. Must possess or be able to acquire knowledge of networks, server operating systems and various other building systems. Must have a good handle on general network, server and computer security.
1. QUALIFICATIONS, SCOPE, & COMPLEXITY OF DUTIES:
Bachelor’s (BA/BS) degree in Information Science or Computer Engineering desired. Relevant work experience or relevant college courses in Information Science may be acceptable in lieu of academic requirement. Comprehensive knowledge of: Microsoft or Unix server and networking technologies. Hardware experience with servers, and networking. Working knowledge of server virtualization and storage area networks is desirable.
- Minimum of 1-year experience desired
- Member in good standing of the SDA church
- Strong “people skills” necessary in providing advocacy for functions performed and to maintain high levels of communication with subordinates, users, and superiors.
- Must be user friendly, courteous, have good communication skills, and be self-motivated with the ability to complete tasks with little supervision
- Must be able to handle numerous interruptions at a time.
- Proficiency or ability to learn and work with network directory services
- Knowledge of networking technologies: LAN, WAN, VPN, load balancers.
- Software experience with: databases, spreadsheets, word processing, and browsers.
- Ability to assist staff with users with tough PC and Mac hardware and software related problems.
- Willingness to learn new skills and keep knowledge updated.
- Must be able to update Content Management Systems and troubleshoot issues with websites on various platforms.
AUTHORITY & ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The Adventist Media Center (AMC) is an equal opportunity employer, which does not discriminate in employment policies and practices on the basis of race, national origin, gender, color age, marital status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by law. However, the AMC, an unincorporated religious association located in Riverside, CA is a constituent of the North American Division of Seventh-day Adventists. The employment practices of the church reflect religious preference in harmony with the United States Constitution and controlling law, and it, therefore, hires only Seventh-day Adventist Church members in good standing.