AUTHORITY & ACCOUNTABILITY: Authority as delegated by the IT Director. Responsible for updating, maintaining and securing of mobile and web applications for It Is Written -- in accordance with Adventist Media Center and North American Division policy and objectives.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
- Plan, implement, manage, monitor and upgrade the organization’s mobile and web applications.
- Respond to and troubleshoot all web and mobile application issues.
- Identify and respond to all mobile and web application security breaches.
- Ensure that the mobile and web apps are protected by enabling the appropriate security measures.
- Conduct content audits to eliminate redundant and/or duplicate information.
- Ensure mobile and web app quality and efficiency by conducting regular test plans.
- Improve the User Experience
- Collaborate with team members to ensure projects are on track and on time and fit the goals and needs of each situation.
- Ensure full compliance with all laws and regulations.
- Website and software application designing, building, or maintaining.
- Using scripting and/or languages, management tools, content creation tools, applications, and digital media.
- Conferring with teams to resolve conflicts, prioritize needs, develop content criteria, or choose solutions.
- Directing and performing mobile and web app updates.
- Developing and validating test routines and schedules to ensure that test cases mimic external interfaces and address all browser and device types.
- Maintaining an understanding of the latest Web applications and programming practices through education, study, and participation in conferences, workshops, and groups.
- Identifying problems uncovered by customer feedback and testing, and correcting or referring problems to appropriate personnel for correction.
- Evaluating code to ensure it meets industry standards, is valid, is properly structured, and is compatible with browsers, devices, or operating systems.
- Determining user needs by analyzing technical requirements.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
1. QUALIFICATIONS, SCOPE, & COMPLEXITY OF DUTIES:
- Experience: Minimum of 1 year experience required
- Skills, scope, and complexity of duties:
- Be a baptized, practicing Seventh-day Adventist Member in good standing.
- Expert knowledge of Ruby on Rails.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail with an analytical mind and outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Strong loyalty and a desire to create the best mobile apps and websites.
- Excellent knowledge of user interface and proper UX.
- Fantastic time management skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Knowledge of programming language and technical terminology.
- Able to develop ideas and processes and clearly express them.
- High degree of independent judgment.
- Able to solve complex problems.
- Learn how to create apps for new devices and echo systems as needed.
- Be aware of and implement best practices and security standards.
2. INTERPERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS:
- In Office:
- Team members
- Office staff
- Outside of Office:
- End users on a limited basis
- Principal Contact: IT Director
3. WORKING CONDITIONS:
- General working conditions of an office and production studio with moderate to high levels of stress – must maintain continuous operation, availability, and efficiency of the mobile apps and websites.
- Physical requirements: requires standing, walking, sitting, extended periods of time in front of a computer, reaching, climbing, and lifting (maximum of 50 lbs.)
- Travel flexibility and travel hazards
- 38 regular hours per week,
- Will require variable hours and weekend work
- No special clothing or safety gear required
- Equipment as justified for position