AUTHORITY & ACCOUNTABILITY: Authority as delegated by the IT Director. Responsible for updating, maintaining, and securing of websites for IIW -- in accordance with Adventist Media Center and North American Division policy and objectives.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
- Plan, implement, manage, monitor and upgrade the organization’s websites.
- Respond to and troubleshoot all website issues.
- Identify and respond to all website security breaches.
- Ensure that the website is protected by enabling the appropriate security measures.
- Conduct content audits to eliminate redundant and/or duplicate information.
- Create appropriate website content aligned to the organization’s strategy.
- Ensure website quality and efficiency by conducting regular test plans.
- Improve the User Experience of the website regularly.
- Collaborate with all staff and management to ensure that the website aligns with brand strategy and meets the organization’s standards.
- Create strategies to grow subscriber base and web traffic metrics.
- Ensure full compliance on the website with all laws and regulations.
- Keep up-to-date with industry best practice and monitor competitor websites.
- Website and software application designing, building, or maintaining.
- Using scripting or authoring languages, management tools, content creation tools, applications and digital media.
- Conferring with teams to resolve conflicts, prioritize needs, develop content criteria, or choose solutions.
- Directing and performing Website updates.
- Developing and validating test routines and schedules to ensure that test cases mimic external interfaces and address all browser and device types.
- Editing, writing, or designing Website content, and interacting with team members who produce content.
- Maintaining an understanding of the latest Web applications and programming practices through education, study, and participation in conferences, workshops, and groups.
- Identifying problems uncovered by customer feedback and testing, and correcting or referring problems to appropriate personnel for correction.
- Evaluating code to ensure it meets industry standards, is valid, is properly structured, and is compatible with browsers, devices, or operating systems.
- Determining user needs by analyzing technical requirements.
- Implement and use AB testing to push our websites up in the SEO rankings.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
1. QUALIFICATIONS, SCOPE, & COMPLEXITY OF DUTIES:
- Experience: Minimum of 1-year experience required
- Skills, scope, and complexity of duties:
- Be a baptized, practicing Seventh-day Adventist Member in good standing.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Content Management Systems, and W3C Web standards.
- Great understanding of Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- Ability to troubleshoot website issues in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail with an analytical mind and outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Strong loyalty and a desire to create the best websites on the web.
- Excellent content creation and writing skills.
- Fantastic time management skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Knowledge of programming language and technical terminology.
- Able to develop ideas and processes and clearly express them.
- High degree of independent judgment.
- Able to solve complex problems.
- Be aware of and implement web best practices and security standards.
2. INTERPERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS:
- In Media Center:
- Department Directors
- Office staff
- Outside of Media Center:
- Principal Contact: IT Director
3. WORKING CONDITIONS:
- General working conditions of an office and production studio with moderate to high levels of stress – must maintain continuous operation, availability, and efficiency of the websites.
- Physical requirements: requires standing, walking, sitting, extended periods of time in front of a computer, reaching, climbing, and lifting (maximum of 50 lbs.)
- Travel flexibility and travel hazards
- 38 regular hours per week,
- Will require variable hours and weekend work
- No special clothing or safety gear required
- Equipment as justified for position