DEPARTMENT: Planned Giving
POSITION SUMMARY: To thrive in this role, the individual needs to love recordkeeping, work independently, communicate well and be extremely organized. This requires a motivated individual with a proven track record in efficient office communication and recordkeeping activities. Experience may be from a different professional field, but must have a proven ability to work under pressure and prioritize. The right candidate will play an integral part in the future development of the Planned Giving Department.
AUTHORITY & ACCOUNTABILITY: Authority as delegated by the Planned Giving and Trust Services Director. Responsible for assisting in the direction of Planned Giving and Trust Services -- in accordance with Adventist Media Center and North American Division policy and objectives.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
- Report directly to the Planned Giving and Trust Services Director to assist with responsibilities in handling queries via phone, email or general correspondence.
- Set up procedures and monitoring systems as required for smooth, work flow
- Manage office supplies, stationery, and department equipment
- Receive and properly record monies for PG&TS department
- Manage records for gift maturities; prepare statistical reports and documents as needed
- Manage department’s payables
- Manage printing jobs – facilitating orders with printers
- Prepare agenda and minutes for GATAC meetings, record and store such minutes
- Must be able to perform the specific position functions as listed below.
- Fulfill other responsibilities and duties as assigned by the Ministry management.
Specific Position Functions:
- Marketing Assistance:
- Internet eMarketing
- Serve as co-Web master of HisLegacy.com
- Database maintenance of donor records and document updates
- File Care:
- Organize new gift plan files; re-organize existing files as needed
- Assist other department staff in securing needed file documents
- Maintain file summary sheets
1. QUALIFICATIONS, SCOPE, & COMPLEXITY OF DUTIES:
- Education:Minimum of associates degree or equivalent experience
- Experience:Minimum of three years
- Church Membership:Member in good standing of a local SDA church
- Skills, scope, and complexity of duties:
- Necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to sufficiently handle the job assignment
- NAD Trust Services Certification Preferred – Not Required
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to exercise direction, independent judgment, make decisions, and assume responsibility
- Good personal relationship skills
- Understand or be willing to receive training on a continual basis
- Flexibility to adapt to urgent projects or unusual situations
2. INTERPERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS:
- Department Directors
- Associate Director
- Office staff
- Support Services and all on-campus personnel
3. WORKING CONDITIONS:
- General working conditions of an office and production studio
- Travel flexibility and travel hazards
- Physical requirements: requires standing, walking, time at desk, reaching, climbing, and lifting (maximum of 50 lbs.)
- 38 regular hours per week,
- Will require variable hours and weekend work
- No special clothing or safety gear required
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.