POSITION SUMMARY: Serves It Is Written by supervising the post-production process for the Media Production Department. It is crucial that this position supports the mission and values of It Is Written by exemplifying the values and beliefs of the Seventh-day Adventist Church in all interactions.
AUTHORITY & ACCOUNTABILITY: As delegated by the Media Production Director and directly responsible to the Producer in accordance with It Is Written’s policies and objectives.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
- Oversee the post-production team of editors, motion designers, and audio engineers to produce content that meets deadlines.
- Function as quality control expert for assigned programs.
- Ensure broadcast level of editing, color correction, audio mixing, and graphic effects.
- Manage day-to-day post-production activities of assigned video, audio, and digital programs, and developing content.
- Assist in creating and editing media and digital content for ministry needs.
- Play an integral role as part of the production team.
- Play a key role in helping It Is Written’s management team develop media strategies and execution plans.
- Create strategies to improve the department’s efficiency and effectiveness.
- Assist with editing It Is Written programs for broadcast quality.
- Produce, shoot and edit video projects for short turnaround (3-4 week lead time).
- Ability to run the camera as needed.
- Work with and report to the Producer as necessary to ensure all video work is compatible with It Is Written branding guidelines and strategies.
- Fulfill other responsibilities and duties as assigned by the Producer.
- Maintain library of It Is Written Programs.
- Work with the distribution team to create transcriptions, closed captioning, duplication, and distribution of shows.
1. QUALIFICATIONS, SCOPE, & COMPLEXITY OF DUTIES:
High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Preferred: Three to Five (3-5) years as a creative media professional either with an agency or organization.
Membership and Mission:
Embrace the mission and values of It Is Written and be a member in good standing of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
- Has a close relationship with Jesus Christ and sets a good example for others.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, Apple Final Cut Pro, and DaVinci Resolve.
- Knowledge and experience in both production and post-production work.
- Self-starter who can exercise direction and independent judgment, manage multiple projects, make decisions, assume responsibility, and deliver on tight deadlines.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Flexibility to adapt to urgent projects or unusual situations.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal guidance.
- Ability to gauge the feasibility of proposed projects within limits of given time and resources.
- Superb time management and multitasking skills.
- A happy passion for using the latest and emerging technologies to better equip evangelism.
- Solid finger on the pulse of technology and the tech industry, including a firm understanding of how current trends and emerging concepts might benefit It Is Written’s mission this year, next year, and 5-10 years from now.
2. INTERPERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS:
- At It Is Written:
- Media Production Director, Producer, and staff
- Other It Is Written staff
- Outside of It Is Written:
- It is Written vendors, contractors, guests, and volunteers.
3. WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Moderate to occasional high stress due to meeting deadlines
- General working conditions of an office
- Physical requirements: requires standing, walking, time at a desk, reaching, climbing, and lifting (maximum of 50 lbs.)
- May require some travel
- 38 regular hours per week
- Will require some variable hours and weekend work
- No special clothing or safety gear required
- Casual business attire