It Is Written
POSITION SUMMARY: This job is one day a week. This position cheerfully greats visitors to IIW in the reception area and receives telephone calls, routing them to the appropriate person at IIW or taking a message for that person when needed. Assists Directors and secretaries in a variety of clerical duties as needed.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
Applicant will be responsible for a variety of accounting duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer Telephone
- Pass calls on to appropriate persons
- Take messages
- Take orders
- Retrieve messages from voice mail
- Greet and provide information and assistance to visitors at IIW
- Determine the nature of the visit and guide the visitor to the appropriate office or person.
- Provide security screening for those entering the building.
- Contact administration or designated IIW staff member to implement safety protocols if necessary.
- Assist with Data Entry
- Sort, and prepare mail for distribution
- Reply to miscellaneous 1st Class mail
- Enter applications for lessons when needed
- Assist Manager, and co-workers as needed
1. QUALIFICATIONS, SCOPE, & COMPLEXITY OF DUTIES:
Two-year college degree or two years office experience. Must be a member in good standing of the SDA church.
Must be able to type at 50 wpm and have experience working with computers and word processing programs. Must be able to speak with clarity and be able to handle difficult visitors/customers with finesse.
AUTHORITY & ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Part Time Regular (non-exempt)
If interested, please contact the AMC Resources Department at 805 955-7715. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The Adventist Media Center (AMC) is an equal opportunity employer, which does not discriminate in employment policies and practices on the basis of race, national origin, gender, color age, marital status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by law. However, the AMC, an unincorporated religious association located in Riverside, CA is a constituent of the North American Division of Seventh-day Adventists. The employment practices of the church reflect religious preference in harmony with the United States Constitution and controlling law, and it, therefore, hires only Seventh-day Adventist Church members in good standing.