POSITION SUMMARY: Serves the Voice of Prophecy in the Creative Services Department by assisting the department director with creative duties, thus enabling the ministry to carry out its mission of sharing the gospel with the world through media and public evangelism.
AUTHORITY & ACCOUNTABILITY: Authority as delegated by the Director of Creative Services. The Senior Graphic Designer is accountable to the Director of Creative Services.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
Responsible for the design of brochures, buck slips, bookmarks, small brochures, product packaging, book covers, greeting/thank you cards, catalogs, price sheets, advertising, posters, Bible School lessons, mail campaigns, envelopes, receipts, response devices, business cards, letterhead/stationary, branded promotional items, and marketing packets.
Designs aspects of the website(visual and user experience), email templates, web-based marketing campaigns, e-newsletters, banner ads, social media sharing images, weekly radio episode images, monthly online appeal graphics packages, Facebook and Google ads, and social media cover images.
- Designs interactive digital content, Keynote and PowerPoint templates, and evangelistic slides for product-based and internal use.
- Creates mobile app interfaces/user experiences.
- Creates branding and theming for events and exhibits
- Coordinates set design.
- Takes photos as needed and maintains photo libraries.
- Maintains a schedule of departmental projects.
- Fulfills other responsibilities and duties as assigned by the Creative Services Director.
1. QUALIFICATIONS, SCOPE, & COMPLEXITY OF DUTIES:
Education: Minimum of high school diploma and four years of college with an emphasis on graphic design and media.
Experience: Preferred: Four to seven years as a creative professional either with an agency or in full-time freelance work.
Skills, scope, and complexity of duties:
- Is a member of the Seventh-day Adventist church who has a close relationship with Jesus Christ and sets a good example for others.
- Ability to use the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, Apple Keynote, and Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Self-starter who can exercise direction and independent judgment, make decisions and assume responsibility.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Flexibility to adapt to urgent projects or unusual situations.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while paying attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and observe organizational protocol.
2. INTERPERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS:
Within Voice of Prophecy:
- Speaker/Director of VOP
- Manager of VOP
- Creative Services Director of VOP
- VOP office staff.
- Support Services and all on-campus personnel
Outside of Voice of Prophecy:
- Ministry vendors (printers, event coordinators, etc.)
- Principal Contact: Creative Services Director
- Secondary Contact: VOP Manager
3. WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Resides in an area of close proximity to the VOP office (Loveland, CO).
- General working conditions of an office.
- Requires some travel.
- Moderate to occasional high-stress levels due to deadlines and job load.
- Physical requirements: standing, walking, and significant time on the computer or at the desk, reaching, climbing, and lifting (maximum of 30 lbs.)
Wages: $22.25 – $28.60
AUTHORITY & ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: In an effort to encourage an equitable work environment, it is the general policy of the Voice of Prophecy to not consider job applications from immediate family members of employees for full-time positions. Should you have questions, before applying, please check with the Adventist media Ministries human resources department