POSITION SUMMARY: Assisting the Shipping department and working alongside It Is Written’s team to enable the ministry to carry out its mission of reaching a spiritually-seeking audience with the distinctive message of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
AUTHORITY & ACCOUNTABILITY: Delegated by the Shipping Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
- Receive shipments and unload merchandise.
- Stack merchandise on racks.
- Check-in merchandise and affix labels.
- Fulfill customer orders.
- Move materials off racks and package for shipment.
- Follow all safety codes.
- Place merchandise on pallets or shelves for distribution.
- Sort material according to size, type, style, color, or product code.
- Run receipts through folder/inserter and then postage meter.
- Keep track of items that are low on inventory and report to the supervisor.
- Carry out tasks as assigned by the warehouse supervisor.
- Track and manage inventory to prevent out-of-stocks.
- Duplicate DVDs.
- Maintain a clean warehouse (sweep floors, dust work areas, clean computer monitors).
● Other Duties As Assigned
- Load and unload delivery trucks
- Assist in getting items from warehouse for various departments
1. QUALIFICATIONS, SCOPE, & COMPLEXITY OF DUTIES:
- High school diploma or GED required.
Member of Seventh Day Adventist Church
2. INTERPERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS:
- Shipping Supervisor
- Office Staff
3. WORKING CONDITIONS:
- General working conditions of an office.
- Moderate to occasional high-stress levels due to deadlines and job load.
- Physical requirements: requires standing, walking, time at the desk, reaching, climbing, and lifting (maximum of 50 lbs. )
- Part-time position.
- No special clothing or safety gear is required.