POSITION SUMMARY: The social media strategist will build relationships with viewers, listeners, and supporters of FFT by connecting them with the ministry through social media and other related communication channels.
AUTHORITY & ACCOUNTABILITY: Authority as delegated by the Manager and directly responsible to the Manager and Development Director.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
- Prepare and develop social media content to support and enhance Faith For Today’s mission and vision
- Develop and maintain social media strategy and calendar for Faith For Today
- Build a community of followers and strengthen interaction with the public
- Stay up to date with the latest trends in social media
- Communicate requests for follow-up materials as needed to appropriate FFT staff
- Ensure that websites remain up-to-date, suggest additions, and update old content
- Monitor posts and analyze/report on social media channels
- Understand and implement the latest best practices for social media
- Elevate other FFT-related social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.) to engage with current supporters and bring in new ones.
- Ensure branding consistency online
- Create short video pieces for social media
- Strategize with management to best use advertising dollars in targeted social media/Google AdWords/YouTube campaigns
- Find ways to integrate social media engagement with FFT’s donor management system to grow the mailing and email lists
- Respond to requests sent via social media, or direct requests to appropriate departments
- Serve as a backup proofreader/writer as needed
- Engage in other projects and duties as assigned by Manager or Development Director.
1. QUALIFICATIONS, SCOPE, & COMPLEXITY OF DUTIES:
- Education: A bachelor’s degree in public relations, communication, journalism, or a related field is preferred.
- Considerable experience with social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Ability to tailor messages to each social media platform.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- An eye for photography and video.
- The ability to create content and edit videos
- Must be a member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church who believes in and supports its fundamental teachings.
- Skills, scope, and complexity of duties:
- Knowledge of various computer programs and online platforms for completing duties.
- Exceptional organizational ability and attention to detail.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment, make decisions, and assume responsibility within the essential and specific position functions.
- Ability to competently compose and express ideas and thoughts reflective of the values of Faith For Today
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility to adapt to urgent projects and unusual situations.
- Ability to work within a team to accomplish ministry goals.
2. INTERPERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS:
- Within Ministry:
- Director of Development
- Director of Station Relations
- Support services personnel in Riverside, California
- Outside Ministry:
- Listeners, supporters, and vendors
- Principal Contact: Manager
- Secondary Contact: Development Director
3. WORKING CONDITIONS:
- General working conditions of an office
- Physical requirements: requires time at a computer or at a desk, with minimal standing, walking, reaching, climbing, and lifting (maximum of 30 lbs.)
- 38 regular hours per week
- Rare variable or weekend work
- Office/business attire clothing required