POSITION SUMMARY: Serve It Is Written by preparing visual presentations by designing art and copy layouts for print and digital applications.
AUTHORITY & ACCOUNTABILITY: Authority as delegated by the Creative Director. Responsible for assisting in the direction of graphic design, in accordance with Adventist Media Center and North American Division policy and objectives.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
- Report directly to the Creative Director and assist with responsibilities in graphic design and layout.
- Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering materials and information
- Illustrates concepts by designing layouts to support ministry functions
- Provides content and is directly involved in digital design
- Must be able to perform the specific position functions as listed below.
- Fulfill other responsibilities and duties as assigned by the Ministry management.
Specific Position Functions:
- Design Work:
- Designs a rough layout to obtain approval for the concept
- Designs creative work for print and digital mediums
- Final Layout:
- Prepares finished graphics for approved concepts
- Arranges material in a visually appealing manner
1. QUALIFICATIONS, SCOPE, & COMPLEXITY OF DUTIES:
- Education: Currently enrolled in or recently graduated from a graphic arts-related degree program
- Experience: Demonstration of skills from work and/or classroom projects
- Skills, scope, and complexity of duties:
- Necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to sufficiently handle the job assignment
- Ability to exercise direction, independent judgment, make decisions, and assume responsibility
- Good personal relationship skills
- Willing to receive training on a continual basis
- Flexibility to adapt to urgent projects or unusual situations
2. INTERPERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS:
- In the office:
- Creative Director
- Department Directors
- Office staff
- Support Services and all on-campus personnel
- Outside of the office:
- Web hosts
- Principal Contact: Creative Director
3. WORKING CONDITIONS:
- General working conditions of an office and production studio
- Physical requirements: requires standing, walking, time at a desk, reaching, climbing, and lifting (maximum of 50 lbs.)
- Up to up to 20 hours per week, pending availability
- May require variable hours and weekend work
- No special clothing or safety gear required