DEPARTMENT: Bible School
POSITION SUMMARY: The Bible School Instructor serves in the Voice of Prophecy's Discover Bible School by processing and grading incoming Bible lessons and mail from correspondence Bible students, coding and entering enrollment requests in the system, processing orders, answering the telephone, and performing other duties as assigned. No travel is required. This person must be detail-oriented, computer-savvy, and have a heart for bringing souls to Christ.
AUTHORITY & ACCOUNTABILITY: Authority as delegated by the Bible School Director and supervisor.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
Process and grade student lessons in assigned Bible Courses. Keep student records up to date. Keep Bible School material stocked. Assist with sorting and opening mail. Answer the telephone. Process orders (online, telephone and email). Other assigned duties as needed.
Specific Position Functions:
- Sort incoming mail and distribute.
- Manually grade Bible lessons, adding brief notes and comments.
- Identify and follow-up of students questions and needs.
- Update the students’ records (Bible School database).
- Assist with prayer requests for bibleinfo.com. Includes printing for Prayer Box and posting to bibleinfo.com for the volunteers to respond. Listen to voice mails from the prayer line and make sure individuals are called back as needed.
- Follow up with current students, graduates and new students with the local churches.
- Prepare diplomas, then mail the diplomas and file the request forms.
- Assist with telephone, email and online
1. QUALIFICATIONS, SCOPE, & COMPLEXITY OF DUTIES:
Education: High School graduate with college-level classes.
Experience: Training or experience in Bible study ministry is preferable.
Skills, scope, and complexity of duties:
- General computer knowledge, typing (40 wpm), use Microsoft Word, good comprehension and organizational skills, understanding of Seventh-day Adventist doctrinal teachings.
- Flexibility to adapt to urgent projects or changing situations.
2. INTERPERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS:
- Bible School Director, Associate Director, Assistant Director.
- Bible School Employees; Voice of Prophecy Employees.
- Pastors, churches, and students as needed.
3. WORKING CONDITIONS:
Normal office conditions. No physical hazards.
- No special clothing or safety gear required.
- Up to 38 hours per week, to be determined by the need.