POSITION SUMMARY: Must be able to perform basic video and audio editing tasks using Adobe Premiere. The applicant will work with senior editors to perform assemble edits, rough edits, and in some cases fine cuts of various television programs.
AUTHORITY & ACCOUNTABILITY: Authority as delegated by the Media Production Department Director. Reports to Associate Media Production Director.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
1. The applicant will be responsible for editing Multicam IIW programs as assigned by the production director. Duties include:
• Import footage into Adobe Premiere Projects.
• Check for Audio/Video sync between all camera angles.
• Perform an assemble edit.
• Perform other duties as requested.
• Work with the supervisor to make revisions requested by Production Dir and or supervisors.
2. The applicant will assist in the creation of Motion Graphics for IIW Programs using Adobe After Effects. Duties include:
• Assisting the Motion Graphics Designer to create new graphics for current and new programs IIW as needed.
• Create Prayer Graphics for It Is Written Flagship Programs.
• Additional graphics responsibilities will be given depending on abilities.
Other duties as assigned.
1. QUALIFICATIONS, SCOPE, & COMPLEXITY OF DUTIES:
• High school diploma required, 2 years college; preferably in communication or video production.
• Demonstrated previous projects in video production.
• Must have experience as a non-linear editor or be enrolled in a media-related degree.
• We value individuals who have personal integrity, teamwork, problem-solving, and a strong work ethic.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
• attention to detail;
• ability to multi-task;
• proficient computer skills with knowledge of Final Cut Pro, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office,
• works well independently or on a team;
• works with little or no supervision.
• Good Personal relationship skills.
• Ability to create/edit material for on-air broadcasts and web, while meeting deadlines.
Member of Seventh Day Adventist Church
o The use of the following machines may be required each day: computer, Adobe After Effects software.
o Needs to possess accuracy, flexibility, good judgment, and patience.
o Needs to be a self-starter, empathetic toward customers, a team player, and honest.
2. INTERPERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS:
• Media Production Director and Associate Directors and other MP staff.
• Department Directors.
• Office staff.
• IIW guests and volunteers.
• Principal Contact: Associate Media Production Director.
• Secondary Contact: Media Production Director.
3. WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Moderate to high stress due to meeting critical daily deadlines.
• Viewing computer screen(s) for long periods of time.
• Prolonged sitting. Accommodations can be made.
• Repetitive motion from keyboard use.
AUTHORITY & ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Physical Requirements
• Requires time at a computer or at a desk, with minimal standing, walking, reaching, climbing, and lifting (maximum of 50 lbs.)
• General working conditions of an office
• Hours: Temporary Part-time, 4-29 hours a week
• Requires variable hours: infrequently
• Requires weekend work: infrequently
• Special clothing: None, Appropriate office attire required
• Equipment: None
• Safety gear: None