DEPARTMENT: Communications and Marketing
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for the assembly and editing of source material into a finished video product.
AUTHORITY & ACCOUNTABILITY: Authority as delegated by the BOL Speaker/Director and Ministry Management. Directly responsible to the BOL Communications and Marketing Department Director.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
- Edit television video and sound tracks as requested by supervisor.
- Evaluate and select scenes for dramatic and entertainment value and story continuity.
- Trim program segments to specified lengths and reassemble segments into a sequence that presents the story with maximum effect.
- Review assembled program and make corrections.
- Confer with supervisory personnel and others concerning recording of scenes.
- Other projects and duties as assigned by their Supervisor.
1. QUALIFICATIONS, SCOPE, & COMPLEXITY OF DUTIES:
- Education: A Bachelor Degree from an accredited college or university in Communications or a related field with a major in Video Production preferred Experience: One year experience in post production facility. Skills: Production editing and related equipment.
- An active member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
- Skills, scope, and complexity of duties:
- Must understand the basic theory and have familiarity with broadcast editing equipment and general knowledge of video production.
- Experienced computer and internet skills.
- Must be capable of using sound judgment while accepting direction from others.
- Needs to have the ability to solve technical problems.
- Ability to competently express ideas and thoughts reflective of the values of BOL.
- Good personal relationship skills.
- Flexibility to adapt to urgent projects of unusual situations.
- Work within a team to accomplish ministry goals.
2. INTERPERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS:
- Within Ministry:
- Department Directors
- Office staff and field representatives
- Support services personnel at the Adventist Media Center in Riverside, CA
- Outside Ministry:
- Listeners, donors, clients, and online following
- Principal Contact: Communications and Marketing Department Director
- Secondary Contact(s): Speaker/Director and Ministry Manager
3. WORKING CONDITIONS:
- General working conditions of an office and production studio
- Travel flexibility and travel hazards
- Physical requirements: requires time at a computer or at desk, along with standing, walking, reaching, climbing, and lifting (maximum of 50 lbs.)
- 38 regular hours per week
- Will require variable hours and weekend work
- Office clothing required