POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for fulfillment of orders and warehousing of inventory items, which includes recording and updating item locations and quantities. Also performs as a backup for the packaging and shipping area.
AUTHORITY & ACCOUNTABILITY: Authority as delegated by the Warehouse Assistant Director, the Bible School Associate Director and the Ministry Manager
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
- Inventory and Warehousing Functions:
- Receives incoming shipments, verifies packing lists.
- Stores product in appropriate locations.
- Keeps shelves orderly and neat.
- Participates in yearly physical inventory count.
- Must work in a safe manner at all times.
- Fulfills and delivers mail and/or inventory item requests according to order requisitions and instructions.
- Electronic Fulfillment:
- Fulfill all electronic order requests and labels daily.
- Orders must be pulled and shipped within a 24-hour time period.
- Maintain spreadsheets of outgoing order history and postage usage.
- Provides volunteers and students with supplies to perform their daily tasks.
- Process the Bible School labels on a daily basis and prepares bulk mail.
- Keeps packaging supplies filled – boxes, envelopes, etc.
- Prepares pallets of material for events. Loads and unloads trucks.
- Operates forklift on a frequent basis.
- Other assigned duties as required.
1. QUALIFICATIONS, SCOPE, & COMPLEXITY OF DUTIES:
- Education: High School Diploma
- Experience: 3 years in a similar environment preferable
- Must be a member in good standing in the Seventh-day Adventist church.
Skills, Scope, and Complexity of Duties:
- Must be detailed oriented, flexible, and patient.
- Must have good organizational and interpersonal skills. A “team player” required.
- General computer knowledge; Microsoft Excel required.
- Uses or be willing to learn how to use a forklift, pallet jack, mailing scales, etc.
- Good English speaking, reading, and writing skills required.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects and instructions.
2. INTERPERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS:
Must maintain a level of respect and collaboration with all employees of the Voice of Prophecy and its vendors.
3. WORKING CONDITIONS:
At times can be a demanding work environment. Must be able to deal with constant interruptions while attempting to mail/ship all customer orders within a 24-hour period. May experience interruptions with heavy lifting involved. Constantly climbing and descending ladders with the material. Operates forklift. Must maintain safety procedures.
Physical Requirements: Job requires walking, standing, lifting, reaching, and stopping up to 90% of the time. Must be able to lift between 50 – 75 lbs. Time spent at a computer can be approx. 10% of the time.
- Hours per week 38
- Requires variable hours No
- Requires weekend work No (exception of inventory Sunday if needed)
- Special work clothes None
AUTHORITY & ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: VOP
In an effort to encourage an equitable work environment, it is the general policy of the Voice of Prophecy to not consider job applications from immediate family members of employees for full-time positions. Should you have questions, before applying, please check with the Adventist media Ministries human resources department.
Wages range from:
$15.89 - $22.25