POSITION SUMMARY: The role of the Warehouse Supervisor is to oversee the development, implementation, coordination, and monitoring of all of the Mail and Shipping service operations. Plans, directs, and coordinates the activities of subordinate personnel in carrying out It Is Written objectives. Maintains the Warehouse in an efficient and organized manner. It is crucial that this position supports the mission and values of It Is Written by exemplifying the values and beliefs of the Seventh-day Adventist Church in all interactions.
AUTHORITY & ACCOUNTABILITY: Authority as delegated by the Publishing Director. Responsible for leading and assisting in the efficient and accurate processing of Mail and Shipping services in accordance with It Is Written policies and objectives.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
- Oversees daily and routine management of Mail and Shipping services, including, but not limited to:
- Answering phone calls
- Reading and responding to emails
- Downloading, distributing, and processing online orders
- Reviewing pick tickets and verifying the accuracy of shipments
- Investigating customer’s problems and finding solutions
- Assisting Adventist Media Ministries Accounting in correcting CounterPoint orders
- Processing promotional orders for Ministry staff and field representatives
- Maintaining accurate inventory in BigCommerce
- Maintaining adequate stock levels of resources in the Warehouse
- Organizing the 500+ pallet positions in such a way that maximizes productivity
- Ensuring the Warehouse is organized and free of debris
- Duplicating CDs/DVDs, when requested
- Collaborating with volunteer coordinator on volunteer activities
- Scheduling and chairing weekly team meetings with staff
- Performing routine cycle counts of inventory
- Oversees periodic management of Mail and Shipping services, including, but not limited to:
- Loading and unloading delivery vehicles
- Ensuring OSHA, DOT, and other regulatory body compliance with staff
- Assisting with retrieving items from Warehouse for department requests
- Performing year-end inventory counts
- Scheduling vehicle and equipment regular preventative maintenance and repairs, as needed
- Keeping staff informed of new procedures, policies, and products
- Maintains continual contact with Publishing, Customer Service, and Management personnel to remain aware of all mailing and fulfillment requirements.
- Coordinates special mailing needs and methods with department representatives.
- Maintains close contact with subordinates to provide assistance, direction, advice, and corrective action when necessary.
- Forecasts department needs and workloads to assist in the development of a streamlined and efficient warehouse operation.
- Fulfill other responsibilities and duties as assigned by the Publishing Director or Ministry Management.
1. QUALIFICATIONS, SCOPE, & COMPLEXITY OF DUTIES:
Minimum of high school diploma. Some college education preferred.
Five (5) years relevant experience in a shipping/warehouse environment preferred. Three (3) years of supervisory or management experience preferred.
Membership and Mission:
Embrace the mission and values of It Is Written and be a member in good standing of the Seventh-day Adventist Church
Skills, scope, and complexity of duties:
- Possess strong communication, organization, and management skills
- Exhibit good personal relationship skills
- Excel at problem solving, adaptability, and flexibility
- Possess sharp attention to detail, accuracy, good judgement, and patience
- Needs to be a self-starter, be honest, and have a positive attitude
- Ability to exercise independent judgement, make decisions, and assume responsibility
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite
- Proficiency in the use of a forklift, pallet jack, and dock leveler
- Must be able to take and pass the Medical Department of Transportation test within two weeks of employment
2. INTERPERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS:
- At It Is Written:
- Publishing Director
- It Is Written Department staff
- Volunteers and guests
- Outside of It Is Written:
- It Is Written customers, vendors, and partners
- Shipping vendors such as: UPS, FedEx, Post Office
- Principal Contact: Publishing Director
- Additional Contacts: Ministry Manager/Treasurer
3. WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Moderate to high stress due to meeting critical daily deadlines
- General working conditions of an office and warehouse
- Viewing a computer screen for long periods of time
- Repetitive motion from a keyboard
- Some travel may be required
- Physical requirements (percentages are approximations):
- Standing 40%
- Walking 30%
- Sitting and working on a computer 10%
- Reaching 20%
- Lifting up to 75 lbs.
- Pushing or pulling up to 4,500 lbs. on a pallet jack
- 38 regular hours per week
- Will occasionally require variable hours and weekend work
- Special clothing: None
- Safety gear: closed-toe shoes