DEPARTMENTAL ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR/PRODUCER
Position Title: Associate Director/Producer Department: Discovery Mountain
Job Classification: Full-Time Exempt Wage Class: Exempt
Date Posted: February 2019 Reports To: Associate Speaker/ Discovery Mountain Executive Producer
The Discovery Mountain program at the Voice of Prophecy looking for a creative, driven individual with a solid understanding of what makes engaging content in the modern marketplace. This individual will possess advanced planning skills, excellent project management skills and exceptional written and verbal communication skills with a solid understanding of the equipment commonly used to create audio and video content.
The Voice of Prophecy produces digital, radio and TV content in support of our mission. Our motto is “if it’s not evangelism, we don’t do it,” and our media productions are part of our goal to tell others about Jesus. Our media portfolio includes Discovery Mountain, a children’s audio podcast that airs on more than 500 radio stations worldwide; a talk radio-style show airing weekly across North America; and numerous acclaimed historical documentaries.
Discovery Mountain, the award-winning audio series based in the fictitious town bearing its name, launched in April 2017. By exercising their faith, listeners are inspired to have a closer walk with Jesus. Discovery Mountain is an integral part of the Voice of Prophecy’s evangelism suite of resources created to equip churches to reach their communities.
The associate director/producer will be part of the strategic planning for the Discovery Mountain department and spend much of their time producing the audio program and providing project management for Discovery Mountain projects and resources.
Authority & Accountability:
Will report to the Associate Speaker/Discovery Mountain Executive Producer.
Essential Position Functions:
- Associate director will contribute to the development and implementation of the department’s strategy, including seeking improvements in content production and recommending improvement-bearing changes.
- Producer for Discovery Mountain audio podcast and video content.
- Producer tasks include, but aren’t limited to: pre-production talent communication and scheduling, production logistics, scheduling, and craft services.
- Project manager for Discovery Mountain resources and projects.
- Project management tasks include, but aren’t limited to: coordinating with multiple departments on ministry-wide projects to keep project on schedule, and producer tasks for audio and video production portions of projects.
- Write short content for digital and print distribution both for the audio program and various resources.
Other Job Functions:
- Manage assigned contractor relationships and contracts.
- Create broadcast schedule and manage program schedule.
- Assist the media department with audio and video production in the control room and/or behind a camera.
- Assist the media department with some audio and video editing.
- Write, edit and post content on DiscoveryMountian.com
- Provide quality assurance reviews of written, audio and video content.
- Create and maintain digital and paper filing systems for talent and contractors.
- Remain up-to-date with emerging industry standards, tools and best practices.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A passion for mission-focused ministry work.
- Excellent writing, presentation and communication skills.
- Experience editing text, photo and video content.
- Experience creating and curating quality content for media (radio, TV, video, websites, business media or blogs).
- Experience using hardware/equipment commonly used to produce audio and video assets, including audio and video control room equipment.
- Knowledge of website management tools.
- The ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, work well under pressure and prioritize assignments to meet deadlines with minimal direction.
- Experience using a variety of popular social media platforms.
Qualifications, Scope and Complexity of Duties:
- Bachelor’s degree in Media Studies, Communication, Marketing, Advertising, Business, Journalism, Public Relations or other related field.
- Minimum of two (2) years of professional experience in a production role, with an emphasis on radio and video producing and production, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be a member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church who believes in and supports its fundamental teachings.
- Must exhibit Christ-like decorum and personal responsibility.
- Skills, scope and complexity of duties:
- Knowledge of various computer programs and online platforms for completing duties.
- Exceptional organizational ability and attention to detail.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment, make decisions and assume responsibility within the essential and specific position functions.
- Ability to competently compose and express ideas and thoughts reflective of the values of the Voice of Prophecy.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility to adapt to urgent projects of unusual situations.
- Ability to work within a team to accomplish ministry goals.
- Within Ministry:
- Associate Speaker/Discovery Mountain Executive Producer
- Speaker/Director and Manager-Treasurer
- Media and Creative Departments
- Voice of Prophecy office staff and field representatives
- Support services personnel in Riverside, California
- Outside Ministry:
- Listeners, supporters and vendors
- Work is performed in an office/studio environment, and will involve field work and include occasional weekends and evening work, attending special events and/or meetings.
- May require reaching, bending, kneeling, sitting for extended periods of time, and repetitive keyboard work.
- Moderate physical effort required by moving and positioning objects up to fifty (50) pounds occasionally and/or up to ten (10) pounds frequently.
- Some travel required for events and meetings.
- 38 regular hours per week.
- Office/business attire clothing required.
Note: This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that would be required of the employee.