POSITION SUMMARY: Must learn the Discover Bible School system, Bible courses, and materials offered, must be patient and understanding when dealing with students, Discover Bible School Coordinators, and the general public. Good customer care skills and multi-tasking are required. Other assigned duties as needed.
AUTHORITY & ACCOUNTABILITY: Accountable to Bible School Director, Associate & Assistant Director.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
Manage local church Discover Bible School information database.
· Assist with operating the Discover Distributor Student Record System (SRS).
· Sort, code, and mail requests for Bible lessons to Discover Bible Schools.
· Enter Bible study requests into the database.
· Prepare and mail Discover Bible School diplomas.
· Answer Bible School telephone calls and answer questions or direct them to the appropriate person.
· Grade Bible Lessons.
· Assist with Bible School orders.
· Assist Bible School Director, Supervisor, and co-workers as needed.
· Other duties as assigned.
1. QUALIFICATIONS, SCOPE, & COMPLEXITY OF DUTIES:
Education: Minimum two-year college or equivalent.
Experience: Minimum two years of general office experience.
Membership: Member in good standing of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
Skills, scope, and complexity of duties:
- General computer knowledge, typing (60 wpm), use of Microsoft Word, good comprehension and organizational skills, a better than average understanding of Seventh-day Adventist doctrinal teachings.
- Flexibility to adapt to urgent projects or unusual situations.
2. INTERPERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS:
- In Media Ministries Office (Riverside CA): Human Resource Department and others as needed.
- Outside of Media Ministries Office: Students, pastors, churches, Bible schools.
- Principal Contact: Bible School Director.
- Secondary Contact: Bible School Associate & Assistant Directors.
3. WORKING CONDITIONS:
Normal office conditions, no physical hazards.
- 38 regular hours per week.
- No special clothing or safety gear is required.
AUTHORITY & ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Employment of Family Members:
In an effort to encourage an equitable work environment, it is the general policy of the Voice of Prophecy to not consider job applications from immediate family members of employees for full-time positions. Should you have questions, before applying, please check with the Adventist Media Ministries Human Resources Department.