POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for assisting the Treasurer (Facilities Manager)/Building Committee in the maintenance and systems function of the building and grounds. A skilled Maintenance worker will perform upkeep tasks such as repairs and cleaning. You will be responsible for applying basic repair to the equipment and building systems and ensure facilities are tidy and functional.
Must be reliable with a keen eye for detail. The ideal candidate will have experience and solid technical knowledge and must also possess manual dexterity and physical stamina.
AUTHORITY & ACCOUNTABILITY: Authority is delegated by the Administration/Building Committee through the Treasurer (Facilities Manager).
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
- Cleaning activities as needed:
- floors, restrooms, lobby, worship room, lunchroom, windows, exterior
- Perform cleaning activities such as dusting, mopping etc.
- Snow removal from sidewalks and needed parking areas
- Fixing issues as needed with floors, doors, walls, ceiling, etc. (sheetrocking, painting, sanding, drilling, etc.)
- Assist with mowing (contracted), weeding, irrigation and landscaping when needed
- Assist with maintaining inventory for building supplies (filters, toilet paper, paper towels, cleaning supplies)
- Conduct routine maintenance tasks:
- replacing light bulbs, filters, HVAC filters system
- Report to Facilities Manager
- Follow all safety codes
- Exterior and an interior inspection
- Other duties as assigned by Facilities Manager
- Monitor all systems
- HVAC system
- Electric system
- backup generator
- Water & irrigation
- Alarm and access
- Maintain care of grounds
- maintain flower beds (weeds, plants, mulch)
- mowing (edging, trimming, and blowing)
- snow & ice removal (as needed)
- Run errands (College Press, Lowe’s, Ace, Costco, Walmart, others as needed).
- Perform minor fixes such as repairing broken locks, filling gaps on walls, doors, leaks, electrical issues, etc.
- Preventative, routine, and emergency maintenance needs
Other Duties As Assigned
- Load and Unload delivery trucks
- Assist in getting items from the warehouse for various departments
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of the electronic side of HVAC, window shades, door locks, electrical systems
- Check functionality of safety systems (e.g. fire alarm, fire extinguishers)
- Collaborate with workers and other professionals during renovations, remodeling, and other projects
- Inspect and troubleshoot equipment and systems
- HVAC, irrigation, plumbing, electrical, elevator
- Check control panels and electrical wiring to identify issues
- Move furniture or cubicles as needed
- Assist in the warehouse if needed
- Quotes for on-going maintenance and needed repairs and projects
1. QUALIFICATIONS, SCOPE, & COMPLEXITY OF DUTIES:
High school diploma or GED required
Two years of experience in a maintenance position preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite.
- Able to operate a lift truck and pallet jack, pressure washer, personnel lift, docking leveler, and other needed equipment
- Member in good standing of the Seventh-day Adventists church
Level of Authority and Responsibility
- Responsible to Facilities Manager
- Reports to Treasurer on maintenance, building and grounds issues
- Proven experience as assistant director or other similar position
- Basic knowledge of HVAC, plumbing, and electrical systems
- Experience using hand and electrical tools
- Ability to read technical manuals and drawings
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Physical stamina and dexterity
- Successful completion of an apprenticeship is preferred
Scope and Complexity of Job Duties
- Use of the following machines may be required each day: computer, calculator, hand truck, pallet jack, personnel lift
- Must possess accuracy, flexibility, good judgment, and patience.
- Must be a self-starter, empathetic towards customers, a team player, and honest
2. INTERPERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS:
- Compatible with employees throughout the facility
- Frequent contact with other departments.
- AMM & outside vendors, contractors
3. WORKING CONDITIONS:
Working Conditions and Physical Hazards
- Moderate to high stress due to meeting critical daily deadlines
Physical Requirements (percentages are approximations)
- Standing 40% of the time
- Walking 40%
- Reaching 18%
- Sitting and working on a computer 2%
- Lifting up to 75 lbs.
- Pushing or pulling up to 4,500 lbs. on a pallet jack
- Hours: 19
- Requires variable hours: Occasionally (snow/ice removal)
- Requires weekend work: Frequently (Fridays)
- Special clothing: None
- Equipment: None
- Safety gear: Provided