POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for creating new promotional videos and assembly and editing of source material into a finished video product.
AUTHORITY & ACCOUNTABILITY: Authority as delegated by the BOL Speaker/Director. Reports to Speaker/Director.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
- Uses discretionary judgment to perform all videotape edits (cuts shows into segments to be encoded for the web).
- Selects programs and creates scheduling for the various network channels.
- Encodes all shows to HD format to be sent to various network channels.
- Organizes all digital files (video clips), and uploads them to various network channels every Wednesday.
- Uses creative judgment to write program descriptions, text files, and an all other written communication in connection with network programming.
- Comes up with new and innovative ideas for programming of shows, and ideas for better ways to utilize this exciting new media.
- Create, update, and maintain program files.
- Edit television video and sound tracks as requested by supervisor.
- Evaluate and select scenes for dramatic and entertainment value and story continuity.
- Trim program segments to specified lengths and reassemble segments into a sequence that presents the story with maximum effect.
- Review assembled program and make corrections.
- Other duties as assigned.
1. QUALIFICATIONS, SCOPE, & COMPLEXITY OF DUTIES:
- Education: 4 years college; preferably in communication or marketing
- Experience: Demonstrated previous projects in video production.
- Member in good standing with the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to multi-task;
- Proficient computer skills with knowledge of Final Cut Pro, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, Visual Hub, Transmit;
- Works well independently or on a team;
- Works with little or no supervision.
- Good Personal relationship skills
2. INTERPERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS:
- Within Ministry:
- Breath of Life office staff and field representatives
- Support services and all on-campus personnel
- Outside Ministry:
- Donors, clients, and contractors
- AMM and NAD Staff
- Oakwood University Church employees and Volunteers
3. WORKING CONDITIONS:
- General working conditions of an office
- Physical requirements: requires time at a computer or at desk, with minimal standing, walking, reaching, climbing, and lifting (maximum of 50 lbs.)
- Typically 38-40 regular hours per week,
- At times may require additional weekends and evenings and travel
- Professional office attire required