POSITION SUMMARY: Serves It Is Written by editing programs for the Media Production Department and working alongside It Is Written’s team to enable the ministry to carry out its mission of reaching a spiritually-seeking audience with the distinctive message of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
AUTHORITY & ACCOUNTABILITY: Authority as delegated by the Media Production Director and directly responsible to the Producer.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
- Create and edit media and digital content for ministry needs.
- Manage day-to-day activities of assigned video, audio, and digital programs, and developing content.
- Creatively develop and edit content for websites, social media platforms, and YouTube.
- Develop digital summaries and content for assigned programs.
- Function as engineer and editor for assigned programs.
- Play an integral role as part of the production team.
- Play a key role in helping the IIW management team develop media strategies and execution plans.
- Create strategies to improve the department’s efficiency and effectiveness.
- Edit all IIW programs for broadcast quality.
- Produce, shoot and edit video projects for short turnaround (3-4 week lead time).
- Ability to run the camera for short content.
- Work with and report to the Producer as necessary to ensure all video work is compatible with IIW branding guidelines and strategies.
- Fulfill other responsibilities and duties as assigned by the Producer.
- Work with smartphone and Roku app vendors to update and maintain current and future media content across current and emerging platforms.
- Work with IIW executive team to develop new and innovative programming that will appeal to broader audiences.
- Maintain library of IIW Programs.
- Maintain post-production process – transcriptions closed captioning, duplication, and distribution of shows.
1. QUALIFICATIONS, SCOPE, & COMPLEXITY OF DUTIES:
Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis on digital, radio, and television production preferred.
Preferred: Three to five years as a creative media professional either with an agency or organization.
Membership: Member in Good standing of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
- Has a close relationship with Jesus Christ and sets a good example for others.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, Apple Final Cut Pro, and DaVinci Resolve.
- Knowledge and experience in both production and post-production work
- Self-starter who can exercise direction and independent judgment, manage multiple projects, make decisions, assume responsibility, and deliver on tight deadlines.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Flexibility to adapt to urgent projects or unusual situations.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal guidance.
- Ability to gauge the feasibility of proposed projects within limits of given time and resources.
- Superb time-management and multitasking skills.
- A happy passion for using the latest and emerging technologies to better equip evangelism.
- Solid finger on the pulse of technology and the tech industry, including a firm understanding of how current trends and emerging concepts might benefit IIW’s mission this year, next year, and 5-10 years from now.
2. INTERPERSONAL RELATIONSHIPS:
- Director of Development
- Office Staff
- Ministry vendors and contractors
3. WORKING CONDITIONS:
- General working conditions of an office.
- Moderate to occasional high-stress levels due to deadlines and job load.
- Physical requirements: requires standing, walking, time at the desk, reaching, climbing, and lifting (maximum of 50 lbs.)
- 38 regular hours per week.
- Will require some variable hours and weekend work.
- No special clothing or safety gear is required.